Sunday, August 17, 2008

God with us today

God is with His children. This is a tenet of our faith. Today He was with me in a couple of very special ways. Today was 'Drama' Sunday. I participate in our church's drama ministry. We have been doing short plays on the third Sunday of the month since April. Today was the first time I had an onstage speaking part--I prefer to be a behind-the-scenes person. I hadn't done anything like this since my junior year of high school. The team performed at the 8:00 and the 10:00 services. I heard from people this afternoon about how good the drama was. One friend asked me to explain about the message to others with us.
It is the prayer of all who participate in the drama ministry, that we always convey a message. I believe we have been true to out goal and prayer.
This afternoon, I participated in a school book bag distribution for faith-based ministry, a group of men and women who have felt called to minister to the children of the incarcerated. I assisted the ministry with this event last year, for the first time. These families are most appreciative for anything the ministry group is able to help with.
The friend of mine who felt led to follow God's leading has been able to help several families over the past three years. I know God will continue to be with her.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cecelia, you are reaching diverse people with different needs through the drama ministry and the one to prisoners' children. You are, as Jesus said, ministering to Him, by what you are doing for them.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....