Saturday, September 13, 2008

Consider Doing His Will (Matthew 12:50

Consider Doing His Will: (Matthew 12:50)
“For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, sister and mother” (Matthew 12:50)

Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see about Him. They couldn’t help but hear the stories the religious leaders had told. Mary and her other sons were concerned about His well-being. Jesus looks around the room and declares, “those who do the will of God, these are my mother and my brothers.”

We sometimes struggle with finding God’s will for our lives and then doing His will. I find a blessing in this short passage. Sometimes, we feel alone in a life situation but we get a sudden answer from the Lord. This happened to me a few years ago. The answer, while not necessarily a good one, told me I was not imagining the condition I saw. I felt I was to concentrate on doing God’s will about this disorder and its effect on our lives.

Right before God gave me this answer, a man at our church told of learning a phrase in Sunday school. It went “I will to will God’s Will in my life.” The one book of the Bible I turn to when I am having a struggle is the book of Job. I can know when I am in His Will because then I receive confirmation of my deepest thoughts when I am confronted with major struggles in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...