Saturday, September 6, 2008

Feeling God's Pleasure

One of the members of an email list I am on wrote of "feeling God's pleasure" because of her writing. She refered to Eric Liddel in the movie, "Chariots of Fire." Eric spoke of this sense of God's presence when he ran.

As children of God we are to strive to please God in all we do. A recent conversation I was hearing was not exactly uplifting. The comments might have been true about the absent person but the words conveyed could have caused hurt. I started to say something as a joke but I stopped and said, "I'm going to keep my mouth shut." The woman transacting business with me shared with me she needed to practice not reacting when things on the borderline of unkind were said.

When I went to prayertime this morning,I thought about what had happened. I decided the Holy Spirit had constrained me at that time. I felt thankful that He cared enough about me to stop me from adding to the problem of an uncontrolled tongue.

I hope to always be able to allow the Holy Spirit to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...