Monday, November 9, 2009

WHO WE THANK AND WHY

“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord,, all you lands.

Serve the Lord with gladness.

Come before His presence with singing.”

Psalm 100:1-2 (NKJV)




The Doxology we sing on Sunday mornings tells us we are to “praise God, from whom all blessings flow” reminds us of the reason we are to praise Him. All blessings come from out Lord. Blessings come in many forms. Some we recognize, others are hard to see until after time passes.

A friend at church praises God for her illness these past two years because it has allowed her to draw closer to God. I have learned to accept my limitations with my chronic illness and I have also gotten closer to the Lord.

A couple went through a time of depression when two of their three children, their son and their youngest daughter, were deployed to the first Desert Storm, Both children returned home safely. The daughter returned home, started back to college, got married, she and her husband started a family. The daughter and son-in-law turned their life over to the Lord and became strong Christian parents, working in the church. The now grandparents and those who knew the family and prayed for them during that tough time still thank God for what He did.

3 comments:

  1. I read a book years ago about praying and thanking God for our troubles. Not always easy, but it does put things in a different perspective.

    I sent an email to you for your snail mail address. Please check your span folder, QuietSpirit, so I can get this book out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God IS good. All the time. He is for us, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminds me of the verse Psalm 119:71; "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn Your decrees."
    Thank you for always reminding me that God is big enough to be everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...