Friday, December 18, 2009

Shepherd

“For the Lamb in the center of the throne

will be their shepherd; he will lead them to

springs of living water. And God will wipe

away every tear from their eyes.

Revelation 7:17 (NIV)



“For I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep

and my sheep know mejust as the Father knows

me and I know the Father I will lay down my life

for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this

pen. I must bring them also”.

John 10:1416 (NIV)





Jesus describes Himself as the Good Shepherd. He tells the Pharisees a good shepherd lays his life down for the sheep. He continues by stating He knows His sheep and they know Him. Then Jesus says something soberingthere is one flock and one shepherd.

A shepherd protects, leads, and guides the sheep. Most shepherds worked for someone else, which made them caretakers of the animals, not owners.

God sent His Son to earth to protect people from the outcome of their sins. Jesus’ role was also to lead those people to His Father’s Kingdom and to show them how to live while they were on this earth.

When we have problems we are to take them to Jesus and let Him work them out to His liking for us. He will, if we let Him.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that we all appreciate and take advantage of that gentle leading our Shepherd gives us. Blessings to you and your readers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first novel, An Irishwoman's Tale, was about my best friend, who was given away by her mother and learned that God worked for good in all things.

    She now raises sheep in Sullivan County, Indiana.

    I too love sheep...and The Shepherd.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...