Friday, May 28, 2010

He is Able






Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more

than all we ask or imagine, according

to his power that is at work within us, to Him

be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus

throughout all generations, forever and ever! AMEN

Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)



Paul glorifies Jesus Christ in this passage. He describes how great His works are. The apostle can’t define the degree of magnitude Jesus’ works reach. Paul uses the word ‘immeasurably’ to tell us the degree to which He works when we ask for something and trust Him for the outcome.

We request Him to take care of something in our lives but Jesus goes beyond our parameters and does a greater work for us.

Do we always see this type of result from our prayers? Not always. A Sunday School teacher I had years ago said we had to pray believing. We have to pray knowing God is listening to our pleas and will answer those requests.

Paul is speaking words here for any of the future readers of this letter to the church at Ephesus. He is speaking to us in the 21st Century, we are to bring glory to God in all we say or do.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful and encouraging scripture. Thanks, Cecelia!
    Have a blessed weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this verse! It's one of my all-time favorites. Thanks for the encouragement, dear.

    Happy Weekend,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...