Wednesday, November 17, 2010

With Thanksgiving

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,

by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,

will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 4:6-7(NIV)



Paul shares with us a lesson we all should review. He tells us to pray with thanksgiving. I personally have had times when my request was not anything I wanted to thank Him for. But, I believe that we are to thank Him for the fact that we have Him to help us and guide us through the issue.

We can also thank Him for what He is going to do to resolve the circumstance before He does. We have instances when we know God is the only one who can remedy a problem; in fact, the majority of the issues that confront us can be solved by God’s intervention in our lives. When God chooses to mediate in our stresses, He either handles the facts himself or he instructs us what we need to do. Somewhere along the way we have to remember to thank Him.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, you spoke to my heart today, dear sister. This is exactly what I needed! I so agree: we either need His direct intervention, or He will guide us what to do. Either way, He is the one responsible for helping us, and we need to praise Him.

    Thank you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good reminder to praise and thank God in all circumstances.

    Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Quiet Spirit -

    Thanks for an excellent post.
    I'm glad we can trust Him with every area of our lives.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...