Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wait For God




“I say to myself,’ The Lord is my portion; therefore

I will wait for him.’ The Lord is good to those

whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;

It is good for those who wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

Lamentations 3:24-26 (NIV)



Waiting is not always my long suit. I used to prefer quick action to my needs but as I have matured in chronology and in faith I have learned to wait. We, as Christians, have to learn to be patient and, yes, to wait for what God has in store for us.

God is our allotment; we willingly wait for Him to act. God smiles on those who place their confidence in Him, those who seek Him and obey His rules. Jeremiah, the author, tells us it benefits us to patiently wait for the Lord’s saving grace to be imparted to those of us who seek Him.

When we have doubts and issues confronting us, we can remember that God is our Savior-He will save us from our sins, if we ask Him that God is our healer; He heals all our diseases, and that God is our friend. He is always with us. We can place our confidence in Him.

Waiting is not always fun, not always easy but we have to wait for God to step in and act on our behalf as well as others. We might not always get what we want but we always get what is best for us or the situation.

1 comment:

  1. This post reminds me of my favorite song that has the line "I'll worship while I'm waiting" in it. There's no better way to wait than by worshipping I think.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...