Tuesday, May 24, 2011

God Blesses Us

Singing Is Praising




“Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.

God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.” Psalm 67:57 (KJV)



In my devotional reading recently, I read of God blessing His people. He chooses to bless us in many ways. We seem to take for granted His desire to grant us special times or gifts because we don’t ask.

As I read this scripture passage, I receive the sense of blessings being tied to praise. God blesses His people; they praise Him for what he did for them. He then in turn blesses his people again and again.

Each month in my prayer list, I write praises I receive. My goal has been one praise a day. Some months, I have several each day. I have been going through ‘something’ of late and hadn’t kept up that list this month. On Sunday, I realized I hadn’t posted anything since last Monday. I thought about my week, I found five praises for Saturday alone. Each of these was a blessing from God. When I realized how He had blessed me then, I felt the Holy Spirit in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....