Friday, May 20, 2011

Romans 8:38-39

The Lord loves unconditionally.
This is the third one.
________________
Read: Romans 8

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life,

nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present,

nor things to come, nor powers, nor height,

nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,

will be able to separate us from the love of God

in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39 (NSRV)





“I love you.” The small boy looked up at my dad.

We were visiting Dad’s cousin and her husband who had their grandson that evening. We hadn’t seen him in quite some time.

“He says that when he thinks he’s in trouble,” his grandmother said. “Sometimes he gets in trouble and he doesn’t want us to be mad at him.”

The little guy didn’t understand that his grandparents loved him and didn’t want to see him get hurt. Their concern for his safety and well being were part of their love for him. Their discipline in light of his misbehavior showed how much they cared for him.

It’s the same between God, our heavenly Father, and us. When we misbehave or become selfish it disappoints Him. He doesn’t stop loving us, although He might not like our behavior. He displayed His great love for us once for all on Calvary. Therefore, He loves us in spite of the unlovely things we do. He disciplines us because of the great love He has for us.



For Your great love You so lavishly given us, I thank You, Father. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Kids are so cute. They learn early what to say that might ease their pain or help them avoid punishment. I'm thankful God overlooks our childish ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word "lavish." You can't exaggerate His grace, can you?

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....