Monday, June 20, 2011

God’s Kindnesses Lead to Joy




It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed,

because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV)



As I wrote the following thoughts, I sat in my living room joyful for the cool breeze coming through our living room window. I heard birdsong in the air.

A few days ago,I noticed that the birds’ singing always precedes a bright sunny day. This  morning I realize that the gentle stirring of the breeze and the birdsong are kindnesses from God.

God displays his kindness in many other ways. He answers our prayers, comforts us when we hurt-physically, and emotionally. He guides us through times of doubting and distress. He brings people into our lives to help us see Him in their lives. He forgives us when we do wrong. For all these kindnesses He extends to me, I thank Him with joy in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I love how the Lord showers us daily with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the birdsong, too! I think Heaven will be filled with birds singing their praises to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! I love this. And that first you quoted first was one my Grandpa Yoder used to use in his devotionals at church. So it's very special to me as well.

    I know the joy you're talking about, and it sure does make me love Him more.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...