Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Counselor Testifies

I'm Waiting for a breakthrough.



“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you

from the Father, the Spirit of Truth goes out from the Father,

he will testify about me.” John 15:26 (NIV)



These words of Jesus explain the purpose of the Counselor. We learned, in John 14:16-18, He comes because Jesus sends Him. This Counselor comes to bear witness about Jesus.

The third person of the Trinity does the work of sustaining us of in our Christian walk while we are in this world.

When God speaks to us, it is through this Spirit of Truth. This Spirit guides us through each of our days, speaks to our hearts, and comforts us when we need Him.

Our Father told us through Moses that he would never leave us or forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8) He promised Joshua to always be there for him (Joshua 1:5), as Joshua led the Israelites into the Promised Land.

I recently learned something about myself. I am not proud of this. I know this fact came to me from God. Before, when I looked at this particular situation, I made excuses for my lack of activity in this one area of life. I have to work on this. I believe that with God’s help I can correct this shortcoming. But, I know I have to do my part in making the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...