Monday, December 12, 2011

Shepherd



“For the lamb at the center of the throne

will be their shepherd;

He will lead them to springs of living water.

Rev 7:17 (NIV)



“‘I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep

and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me

and I know the Father- and I lay down my life for the sheep.’”

John 10:14-15(NIV)



The Pharisees listen as Jesus explains His role while one earth. He has a God-mandated position. He likens Himself to a shepherd.

A shepherd has the responsibility of the care, well being and protection of the sheep. The shepherd knows each of the sheep in his charge. The animals know him as well. They know his voice (John 10:4).

Jesus, just like a shepherd, chooses to guide us to through trauma into rest and recovery. He watches over us, provides our daily needs and keeps us from harm.

In our daily lives we have times when we know Jesus watches over us and the ones we love. He does it in many ways, small and large. We have traveled and returned safely from our journey. He has healed us from injury. He wraps his arms of love around us when we have fear.

Jesus knows each of His followers. We, as believers, recognize His presence and see His hand in events in our lives.

Dear Jesus:

Thank You for your watch care over us. We believe You are always near to us and guide us even though, at times, we don’t realize it. For these signs of Your love, we give You glory and honor. In the name of Jesus, we pray, AMEN

2 comments:

  1. It's overwhelming and comforting to think that He loves us each individually, isn't it? Thanks for these words, Cecelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah:
    Thank you for your kind thought. I sometimes forget that he loves someone just as he does me. When He reminds me, I have to pause and thank Him for loving that person and for showing me that He does.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...