Friday, January 6, 2012

It’s What Counts


"Sunrise" from Bing



“Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything;what counts is a new creation.”
Galatians 6:15 (NIV)



As modern day people we sometimes get caught up in externals. We also get onto labels-denominational, racial, political, or financial.

Paul says the only thing that counts is ‘a new creation.’ I often wonder how our world would be different if we used this as a standard rather than a person’s external or tangible qualities.

I try to look at people through God’s eyes but it’s not always easy. When I find myself getting upset with a person, I try to remember God loves him or her as He loves me.

Even when we don’t see it, we have to remember that God is at work making each of us into a new creation.

Recently, I had to begin a new habit. Once I started working on it, my attitude about things seemed to change. I began to feel better about certain issues that had brought me down. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed the change, but I have and I know God has. I intend to keep this previously buried change working in my life. With His help, I know I can.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful habit to develop! I too, feel as though I am starting anew this year (and avoiding wallowing:). Redirecting our thoughts and focus is key.

    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen:
    I noticed I felt hard toward some people when I saw them. I don't believe God wants us to feel that way toward anyone because we are all His children.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...