Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blessings




For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty,
and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour
my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon
thine offspring: Isa 44:3(KJV)



In March, I started a Blessings List in my journal. I had hoped to log one thousand by the first of November. I believe I will make my goal before then. I am already one third of the way to my goal.

Most days I feel blessed when we have sunshine. When I have a good night’s sleep I know I am going to have a good day.

Recently, I felt down about some things. I had almost decided to unplug from the Internet and get some other areas of my life under control. The next morning I awoke before the alarm sounded. I did my usual devotions and decided to start reading God, Am I Nobody? I was so impressed with that book that I bought some for gifts and one for myself. After a while I began to feel drowsy. I took a nap for at least a couple of hours. (Naps at my age are a blessing.)

We went out for lunch at a cafeteria on the southeast side of town. We go there often. As we were walking in, one of the young women who works the floor calls out, “There’s some of my people.” Hubby spoke back. Shortly after we arrived at our table, here comes that server. “I’m only going to be here a couple of more weeks. My husband and I are moving.” We asked where to. This young couple will move to the northeast part of our state. He has gotten a better job. As we finished our meal, she passed by. I called her over to our table. I explained that our son had to move out of state to find a decent job. She told of a situation that exists where someone doesn't want to understand their moving. She also told us she’d miss special people like us. As we walked out of the mall, I thought, what makes us special? Hubby said, “Have we ever been someone’s people before?” I voiced what I had on my mind and we chuckled.

 Later that day, our neighbor, a young man, (We’ve known hi since he was born.) worked on our ceiling and a couple of side walls, taking out the old drywall and replacing it with new.

            Both these incidents helped me with an ongoing struggle I have.

2 comments:

  1. I've been away from the world of blogs for a LONG time. It's refreshing to see that you are still here, QS.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean: It's nice hearing from you again. I understand that life sometimes gets in our way. We might have other projects to tend to. It's just extra special to me that you popped in here. Thank you.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....