Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Call to Live Life Differently

 

 

Ken Davis, a Christian inspirational and motivational speaker, came to a realization that he needed to live his life differently. Like a lot of us, he didn’t like his image, captured by a camera. In his book, Fully Alive, he calls that photo his “Nooooooo photo.” But his journey to living life Fully Alive encompasses more than the physical; it involves the spiritual emotional and mental aspects of life.

Once I got the message that this was not a book promoting a diet, I found it challenging. The words of Mr. Davis has made me think about if, in fact, I could live my life more to the full than I have. He has made me think about my attitude and my reaction to issues and circumstances of my life.

The topic of living my life more aligned to the will of God kept me reading. I started reading a chapter at a sitting but found myself reading two, sometimes three chapters, at one time. We all know we will one day be in the presence of Jesus, but what about in the meantime? Mr. Davis asks a question many of us should ask ourselves, “What will faith in Christ bring to the quality of my life right now?”

 Mr. Davis uses his skill as a storyteller to present the message of this book. When I finished reading, I felt as if I had been listening to a friend and not reading a book by a professional motivational speaker. He has a way of conveying Biblical truth that comes across in a non-preachy way.

I would recommend this book be read by anyone involved in ministry, whether they are clergy or laity.

I received this book, free of charge from Thomas Nelson Publishing through Booksneeze. All they asked of me was to read this book and give an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...