Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Making Everything New



“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’
Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ 

Rev 21:5 (NIV)

”He who was seated on the throne. . . ” God almighty sits on the throne in heaven.
“‘I am making everything new!’” When we enter heaven we will have new bodies. The infirmities we have developed here on this earth will not be with us. Several of my Friends, wheelchair bound on earth, will be able to walk, run, and dance when they get there. Those who suffer from intense pain will no longer have to deal with it.
”Then he said, ‘Write this down. . .’” When I was a child, my earthly father sometimes said, “Mark my words. . .” when he felt something was important and he didn’t want me to forget them. I believe God wants us to remember what He will say.
“’. . . for these words are trustworthy and true.’” God puts his seal on these words. He tells John that the words to follow are reliable and genuine. His words are believable; they have stood the test of time.

We can trust God when He tells us something through His Word. On the morning I transcribed this, I had to change my order of things and go to the grocery store early. We returned home and I later started my devotional reading. The passage in Zephaniah 3:17 caught me by surprise.

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you in his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” (NIV) I pray that each of you will find some passage that speaks to you today.


________
Graphic: choiceindying.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...