Monday, August 12, 2013

God’s Strength

"You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness,                             
O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas,
 who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength.
Ps. 65:5-6 (NIV)

David gives praise to the Lord in this song-prayer. The words read like a prayer of thanksgiving.
He tells the Lord that the people receive answers to their prayers by His bestowing great deeds of righteousness. Has God ever responded to one of your petitions in a way that you totally did not expect? At one time or another we all have.
As I write this my mind goes back to an action I did that caused someone to react in anger. I realized what I had done and knew it was wrong. I said a silent prayer and asked God to forgive me. Within minutes we were laughing about something I said.
David reminds himself and us of the vastness of God’s deeds. In the rest of the chapter He states several of these acts.
The shepherd who became king acknowledges that God performed these wondrous actions with His own power and strength.

As I think about my behavior in this world, I realize anew I need to rely on God’s strength to carry me through each day.

Graphic: amblackancblue.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. How true, Cecelia. Daily reliance on Him is the key! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda: Thank you for your kind thought. We come to this realization as we mature in Christ.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...