Monday, October 28, 2013

Why God is So Special


                                                                                    .


“So, do not fear, for I am with you;



Do not be dismayed, for I am your God  
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Although my topic this month has been on peace, we have times when peace eludes us and we have times of despair. We begin to doubt our faith and God’s hand on our life. We lose our peace.

When times are tough, and we feel defeated, God is there with us. When we feel alone, we are not; He is right there with us. All we have to do is call out to Him and lean against His arms of love. Some of my dearest friends in this world are facing a very difficult time right now.

One of my favorite gospel songs is “God on the Mountain” God is God in the bad times; that’s when He is the dearest to me. Another one is “When the Storm Passes By” Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Your hand, keep me safe until the storm passes by.”

I posted two YouTube videos that mean a lot to me and to some very special friends on my Facebook page. I then did a share on one of the daughters’ page. Shortly after I posted the first one, a mutual friend left a comment that she was praying for them.

God does bring us through times of hardship, times of distress, and times of intense sadness He promised he’d never leave us nor forsake us. All we have to do is trust Him.


I would appreciate prayers for my friends. Just ask God to  be especially close to 'Quiet Spirit's friends.' He knows the people and their hearts as well as their need.

God of the mountain


'Til the Storm Passes By


graphic: hodgepodge4the soul.wordpress.com






8 comments:

  1. Ahh, such a wonderful verse from Isaiah! Definitely a favorite. And I, too, find certain gospel songs to be of great consolation during hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda: Thank you for your nice thoughts. I have times when a gospel song gets in my mind and the words are so dear. He is such a wonderful Guide through our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new picture!

    I like it that the songs compare difficult times to storms. They're not a permanent fixture. They DO pass by, and He's right there to shelter us through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan.

    I have always loved "Til the Storm Passes By", It speaks to our need to lean on Him and trust Him for the outcome. I have friends who are doing just that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. Only I think God scoots in a little closer when we're going through rough times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cecelia! (Nice new photo!) I will pray for all of your friends, as I pray for your needs too. We do need to rely on him in the storm. He will speak to the waves when the time comes.

    Praying for your strength to hold on until then.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ceil. Thank you for the reminder that God speaks to the waves that come.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...