Wednesday, January 15, 2014

His Presence Fills Us with Joy


 


“You have made known to me the path of life;
You will fill me with joy in your presence,    
With eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Psalm 16:11 (NIV)

David wrote these words as an expression of joy for the benefits a person derives by living in companionship with God. The Lord made known the path of life to David. He gladdened the shepherd’s heart. God gave ever-lasting kindnesses to the man who became king.

We even receive these gifts when we enter into His presence.  When we seek God’s presence, we focus on what He has to say to us. As we come away from being in God’s company we have a feeling of relief and exhilaration because:

1.) We have been in God’s presence.
                     2.) He listened to us as we made our requests.
               3.) God directed us in the way to proceed.

We feel humbled by being allowed to enter God’s presence, honored by His listening to our pleas, and uplifted by His directing us though our plight.

Even if we don’t hear God’s voice, we feel better about our need because we have been in His presence and He heard our pleas. When we pray for a friend, we honor him or her. We do this because God tells us to be ready to pray at all times.

-------------
Graphic: sheddinglightonthepath.blogspot.com


6 comments:

  1. We can live in the light of His presence! Yes! I'm happy for this reminder today, Cecelia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you,Sandi, God is so real to me right now. I praise His name.

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you do it Cecelia, but have a tendency to pick the scriptures that I have highlighted in my Bible and write a beautiful post about them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your warm comment. I can't claim any special insight into what I write, I follow God's direction and His guidance.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...