Monday, January 20, 2014

Splendor and Majesty in His Presence





Strength and joy in his dwelling place.”
1 Chronicles 16:27 (NIV)



“Splendor and majesty flow out of him,
Strength and joy fill his place.”
1 Chronicles 16:27 (MSG)

As we read about God and heaven, we find ourselves awestricken by the way our future home will look. We cannot fathom the beauty and the brightness God’s home will radiate.

Heaven will exude power; for all who enter. Joy (gladness) will wash over us shortly after we enter the gates. We will have this joy because:

*We will be with Jesus.
* We will be rid of pain.
* No one there will be suffering.
* We will not shed tears.
* We will find our mansions ready.

As a child of God, I sometimes get frustrated with the events that transpire in our world. I find myself longing for a better world. After a while, I eventually conclude that God is in control of all those circumstances. We should be very thankful that God has all things under his power.


When we go into God’s presence we pour out our hearts to Him. We listen for His words of comfort, guidance or love. We come away filled with awe. He refreshes us with His presence. We praise Him for Who He Is.

Graphic: thehedge.wordpress.com

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cecilia .. thank you for coming over to read my latest blog post on Madelaine's film on her brother and his Cockayne Syndrome .. I'm so pleased to read your son is living his life independently ... you obviously gave him much love in those early days ...

    With thoughts Hilar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary: I am sorry I have taken so long to get back with you.Thank you for your kind comments.

      Delete
  2. God is in control, this is so true. Sometimes it's easier said than done to lay these things at His feet. :) Thanks for this wonderful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: I have found it takes faith and practice to lay things at His feet. Sometimes, I want to pick them up again. We all are human..

      Delete
  3. I also get so frustrated and powerless, then I am reminded that the best tool I have is prayer. This week I was reminded that Jesus taught about prayer because I believe he knew its importance.
    Thank you for stopping by lately, I appreciate it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raymonde: I believe we all have times of frustration and feelings of powerlessness. Prayer takes us to the throneroom of God and there we can talk to God about what concerns us. You are welcome.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...