Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Blessing




‘” The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD
make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

I remember back in high school the Choral Club ended each performance with a musical arrangement of this passage of scripture. I was not a member of this group or any chorus but I enjoyed hearing those groups perform. I had forgotten how special the passage was.

This passage, a part of my devotions one recent morning, touched me as I read it. I felt led to call four of my church sisters and one of my church brothers and share the message. One prepares for Vacation Bible School to be held this upcoming week. The second lady had confided in me her feelings about a situation that keeps letting us know of its presence. One of my friends grieves her sister’s passing into heaven.

Several of us believe we stand at the brink of something very good for our building of God’s kingdom. 

God looks down on His people and gives approval to those who work for Him. He is kind to those who read His Word and obey Him. This blessing comes in five parts, which God would:
1.)    Favor and protect.
2.) be pleased with.
3.) be merciful and compassionate.
4.) give His approval.
 5.) give peace. 1

God brought joy to at least six people through this passage on a summer’s Saturday in central             Indiana. I wonder how many other people God blessed with these words that morning.

 In our 21th Century world, God’s children seek His favor and desire His protection. They seek His peace. When they interact with others, they strive to show mercy and compassion.

Dear Lord God: Thank You for Your love for Your children. Please show us how to spread Your blessing to those who hurt, who search for You, who want to know You better. I ask this be done out of Your grace for Your children. We will give You the glory. In the name of Jesus, I pray. AMEN
=============

1. The Life Application Bible, New International Version © 1991 Tyndale House Publishers
Inc., Wheaton, IL page 224

Who Am I?

Graphic:clearlyistamp.typepad.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cecelia! That is beautiful! You responded so lovingly to people who really needed to hear God's words. I have always loved this blessing (Moses, isn't it?) It's such a simple, yet touching plea.
    You were and are such an encouragement,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil; Yes, Moses spoke this blessing.This has stayed with me since I found it five days ago.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this passage, and really need it today. Thanks for hearing from the Holy Spirit!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette: This scripture has stayed with me since last Saturday when I found it. I am so thankful that you found joy and comfort in it today. Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. "Following My King" has been included in our Sites To See #382. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/sites-to-see-382.html

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...