Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Seek His Face

Warner Sallman  painting.



“Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”
1 Chronicles 16:11 (NIV)


               This verse comes from David’s Psalm of Thanks. The ark of God had come to Jerusalem.
David gave this psalm to Asaph, the chief priest and those who ministered with him.

               I love the simplicity of the words. They tell me what I need to do when I am faced with issues I have no control over.

               We know life throws curves at us. What we learn from those experiences mould and shape us into whom we become. We can become bitter about certain conditions or we can become better because we have overcome them.

               When we submit to the LORD, we gain strength from Him, energy we never had before.
Whether it is a financial issue, a health problem, or an interpersonal circumstance, God can work out the situation to His glory.

                Shortly after I returned to the LORD, I read the book, Practicing the Presence of God. by Brother Lawrence. I am searching for my copy. I want to read it again. I believe that we in the 21st Century have gotten out of the habit of remembering that God is with us all the time.
               Lately, I have learned that, if I seek God and leave the issues that bother me with Him, those vexing problems of life work out in ways I didn’t even expect. Sometimes, when we intercede for another in prayer, we can only ask God to take care of that person’s or family’s needs. This also applies to petitions we have about our own lives. We have to ask God to tend to what He sees as our needs.

God Will Take Care of You


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...