Monday, September 21, 2015

Trust in the LORD


“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart
and lean not unto thy own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.”
 Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)

               This passage sends a strong message. In our 21st Century world, we need strong positive messages that evoke us to rely on God in spite of what human nature tells us.

               When we trust someone, we do not try to second-guess his or her actions or their plans. We
should approach God’s deeds and His plans in the same way.

               Our own understanding is very limited. Humanly we can only put faith in what we see. When God comes into our lives, we learn that He is always trustworthy. In addition, we know God is reliable.


9 comments:

  1. I know when I DO put my trust in the Lord, he is someone who seldom fails.

    My biggest issue is finding the strength to put my full, and complete trust in him...

    I'm a work in project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the thoughts.For me God never fails. But His timing is not mine.

      Delete
  2. This verse is such a wonderful reminder of where we should keep our focus. There's a song we sing at church with the words from this scripture - so encouraging! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: I know that song. Thank you for your thoughts

      Delete
  3. This is another favorite scripture of mine. So simple yet so full of truth and comfort. Thanks for highlighting it for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following My King has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...