Monday, September 5, 2016

Heaven is Richer, A Memorial Poem

Image result for pearly gates
kickstarter.com




While I was unplugged, we were on vacation. A friend texted me and told me our brother-in-Christ, Greg E. had to be admitted to one of our hospitals and was in ICU. Greg had a car wreck in the 1970's and was severely injured. When I met him, he was confined to a power chair due to his quadriplegia. He was paralyzed from the chest down. He was a man of God. He always shared what God had put   on his heart. I penned these words as a form of being thankful that  I  had the privilege of knowing Greg and his wonderful mother and son. When I shared this with our pastor, he asked me to allow him to read if, quoting me, during the memorial service. Now, those of us here get to pray that God will raise up others like Greg E. to continue working in His Kingdom.  

Last week, heaven admitted our friend.
The Lord asked him the question
He will ask each of us one day.
Greg’s journey, though t’was hard, is over.

We are not sad, you see, ‘cause we know
He lived his life for our Lord.
He prayed for each of us.
When he prayed, we knew God listened.

Down here, his body was confined,
However, his spirit was not.
Now, he runs foot races with the men
And dances with every woman.

He’s in our cloud of witnesses,
Watching us as we serve Jesus.
We are richer for knowing him
And now heaven is richer still.

By Cecelia Lester


Written in memory of Greg Ellis who passed from this world into his eternal home on August 26, 2016. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tribute to your friend. I'm sorry for your loss but happy for heaven's gain. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PJ. He will be missed but we know where he is.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...