Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Prayers Requested

Image result for prayer
https://trans4mind.com


            I realize I have not been forthcoming about something with you. I didn’t mean to keep a secret from all of you. I recently made reference to a book I have been writing and one of my readers commented that she didn’t know about it. Please forgive me for being so quiet about it.
        Today, I will interview myself about this new venture. That way you all will know how to pray for me.

Quiet Spirit: Tell us about your new book.

Cecelia Lester: “Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy” is a collection of 60 devotions that encompass six basic areas of concern Christians have. These concerns can occur in the hearts of long-time believers as well as those new to the faith.

Q.S.: Who did you write this book for?

C.L.: I wrote this book for men and women who have questions about where they are in their walk with God. People who are newly retired or recent empty-nesters.

Q.S.: What is your overall theme?

C.L.: My overall theme is to get close to God, talk to him. Observe our world and, again, talk to Him about what we as individuals do.

Q.S.: What does the title “Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy” mean?

C.L.: When we have times that seem to get the best of us, we have to look for the hope, even if it’s a tiny sliver. When we cling to that hope, we eventually find God places joy in our hearts.

Q.S.: How did you go about putting together this book?

C.L.: At the beginning of 2015, I felt I wasn’t quite doing what God wanted me to do. Days seemed to slip away from me. I started journaling. I wrote for six months on the themes of Time Management, Strength, Humility, Compassion and Mercy, Faith, and Peace. God, in His mysterious ways. saw to it that I had to practice humility, faith, and peace when I had an accident and suffered a severe injury to my right ankle. I was on bed rest in a rehab center for eight weeks. I was in that facility for three months.

Q.S.:  Tell us about the Illustrations at the beginning of each section.

C.L.: I needed something to show the different sections of the book. I tried taking some photos but they I didn’t have enough skill to do them attractively. I wanted each one to be distinctive. When I found them, I liked them. I believe each of the illustrations conveys a message about the theme of each devotion in its section.

Q.S.: What do you think people mean if they call your book non-typical?

C.L.: At the end of each devotional passage, I included up to three questions that relate to the message in that reading. Also, I placed lines for the reader to record his or her answer. These questions are to make a person think about what the message said and apply it to his or her life if that is possible.

Q.S.: What is the value of a book like “Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy?”

C.L.: It is easily read. It is small enough to fit in a purse or a small tote bag. The messages are short and to the point. This book can be easily incorporated into a person’s daily devotions, along with his or her Bible reading.

Q.S.: Do you have a release date for this book?

C.L.: Yet this summer. It will be in print and Kindle formats. I will have more information when it is released


Q.S.: Thank you for sharing with us. We look forward to the release of “Times of Trouble Bring Rays of Joy”

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am so excited for you, Cecilia! I will look forward to getting this book when it is published! It is so wonderful to see how God is working in your life and placing this desire in your heart to be a blessing to so many others. I will pray for you as you bring this "baby" into the world for all to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts. I just this morning received word that I could order a proof copy to read through and correct any errors. It is to be here by June 30. That is one week from tomorrow. That news and your enthusiasm have blessed me already today. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations for taking this step. You did an awesome job interviewing yourself and sharing about the book. :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you,Terri. It means a lot coming from you. I believe you know the emotions I have.Thanks, again.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...