Friday, October 20, 2017

What Do We Know about Peace?

http://picphotos.net/peace-dove-with-olive/


You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)

My husband and I were in the produce section of the supermarket. A man and his son were selecting fruit. The boy wanted to get a pineapple. The dad responded with, “What do you know about pineapples?”

This conversation was right at my elbow. My husband was nearby and heard what I did. When we finished our shopping and entered our car, I asked him the question that we heard about pineapple. He laughed and told me he thought the dad was talking to him. I thought he was talking to me. That question still evokes laughter at our home.

Which brings us to the discussion about peace. What do we know about it?

•True peace comes from God.
    • Jesus is peace.
     • Jesus brings us His peace.
      •It is a Fruit of the Spirit.
       •We strive to maintain it.
                                                                         •We have to keep our eyes on Jesus.
Several of my Christian sisters and brothers have felt the workings of the enemy during the past couple of weeks. We know that the enemy has stirred up these issues. They tend to bring us down. The only way we can be victorious over him is to rely on God to carry us through these days.  As Isaiah tells us, we have to keep our eyes on Jesus in order to have peace in our lives and our hearts.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia! It's a great blessing to know when you are being attacked, and how to rely on the peace of Christ. Many would spend a lot of time wondering why they feel so out-of-sorts, or why their luck is so bad. Sometimes, it's just the enemy trying to mix us up.
    May God continue to gift us with his strong and steady peace.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil: Thank you for your insight.Yes, the enemy is working overtime seeking ways to disrupt our lives. We have to learn to trust God for all things and let Him work against the enemy. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Peace - what a wonderful gift from God! Something to trust Him for always. I must say, I may always remember that question when I see pineapples at the grocery store in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: Some days, I have to really search to find peace in the circumstances that come my way. We just came from the grocery store. I saw a display of pineapples and just smiled. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...