Friday, November 17, 2017

Praise God for His Steadfastness, etc.

https://mightywarrior-mightywarrior.blogspot.com/2012/12/

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Psalm 73:25-26 (ESV)

A Psalm of Asaph: The writer of this Psalm found himself envious of those who were ‘full of themselves.’ Those whom he looked up to were prideful, violent, profane, mouthy, and wicked.

The writer sees, God for who He is, his protector, his guide. He realizes God holds his right hand and He will receive this person into glory.

In our focus verses, the writer gives God praise that He is the only one in heaven and that he desires nothing on earth but to please the LORD. He attests to God’s place in his life, everything else may stop working as before, but God is where the psalmist’s strength lies and the psalmist knows that God has given him a share of heaven eternally

God does not give up on us. We give up on Him and we have to learn when we feel God is far away, it is us who have moved. We need to recognize we are the ones who stray from God.

Let’s praise Him for His tenacity and his great love for us. He loves us even when we happen to mess up.


I am taking a blog break until November 27th. We had a wedding anniversary on the 9th. This past Sunday, (Nov. 12) our small Drama Ministry gave a play entitled, “Thanksgiving.” I wrote the script and directed the drama. On the 16th, I received my hearing aids. Tomorrow, I will participate in an Artisan Fair at our local library where I will be signing books.  My previous book signings have been learning experiences for me. Actually, I am posting this a week ahead of time. That means I can start my break earlier and, hopefully, get more things done. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Cecelia! May God's blessings flow in and around your table as you give thanks to him.
    The book signing sounds fun!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. The weather didn't cooperate with our Artisan Fair. However, this was the best of the ones I had. I didn't sell very many books but I had a lot of people stop and look and let me talk about my book. I met the son of a man from church. I met a young woman who goes to the same church that a couple I have known for over 30 years.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend! I hope your break brims with grace from God.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette: Thank you for your thoughts. Yesterday I did get some work done. Today has been another story. But, that's all right. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. So thankful our God does NOT EVER give up on us!! We are so blessed. Have a marvelous Thanksgiving with your son on Saturday. We will also be celebrating on Saturday. Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: As a writer I have sometimes played the "What if. . . " game. As a Christian I choose not to dwell on the thought that God might not have chosen to save me. Peace and Joy to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that so true, it's not God who has moved but us? Which of us can even remotely claim to be as faithful as He is. He promised to never leave us nor forsake us and He never has. Thank you for the reminder of His great faithfulness.

    Homer Les
    www.homerlesandwandaring.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Homer, for your kind thoughts. Yes, God's faithfulness never fails us. Feel free to visit when God leads you to stop in here.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...