Wednesday, January 24, 2018

New Jerusalem

bible encyclopedia,com




And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. Revelation 21:2-3 (ESV)      

Can you imagine the excitement of those who hear the announcement? Have we ever thought about what John must have felt as he took in this scene? God will be with His people; they will see Him, face to face. He will live among them.

The people will be in awe. Can we imagine what they feel as they as the words penetrate their hearts? They will feel thankful that they have made it through to see the beautiful city of God. They will be in awe of the majesty and splendor that surrounds them. This leaves me speechless.


4 comments:

  1. We will be there someday!! This leaves ME speechless!! How exciting it will be, when our Jesus we can see..."and we look upon His face, the One Who saved me by His grace...what a day...glorious day that will be!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela; Thank you for your thoughts. Knowing what I know from reading my Bible, makes me want to live for Him each and every hour of the day. Blessings and peace to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. My dad called me this morning, and we were discussing a Bible study he attends. They're studying the book of Revelation. What a rich and hopeful book. Much of it is hard to grasp and imagine, isn't it? So thankful for the future we have in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen: Thank you for your thoughts. There is a wonderful message in there. One of the men at our church spent the majority of his earthly life as a quadriplegic, wheelchair bound. Last summer, he got to go there. I always said he would be dancing with all the women he knew when they arrived. One of the me said that Greg would run foot races with the men. It makes me happy to know that he is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...