Wednesday, January 17, 2018

New Song

http://www.namastejee.com





And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, and they were playing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. Revelation 14:2-3 (ESV)

Here we have John the Revelator describing a scene he witnesses. He paints a spectacular picture with his words. Standing on Mount Zion is the Lamb surrounded by the 144,000 people who carry the name of Jesus and the name of the Father on their foreheads.

John hears a voice from heaven. This voice is very loud and robust. (Likened to the roar of a huge waterfall and the sound of loud thunder.) I believe John describes a collective voice because he compares the voice he hears to “the sound of harpists playing on their harps,”

I once was a part of a worship service where all the voices blended together and broke off into their respective parts on the chorus of one of my favorite hymns.  I felt as if I experienced a bit of heaven that night.

The song John hears is a new song, never sung before. The people sing it before the throne and the four living creatures and the elders.  These people are the ones who have been redeemed from our earth and they are the only ones who can sing the song.

As I sit here on a chilly morning in mid-January, my thoughts go to six families who are going through the aftermath of having a loved one pass on. These families will have to establish ‘a new normal’ for their lives. For the most part, the ones who passed from this earth went on ahead to heaven and are included in the 144,000.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I stop and consider what it will sound like in heaven, with us all worshiping. I imagine our earthly words probably can't describe it. Looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...