Monday, August 25, 2008

God's Grace

In our walk with Jesus, we have times that are not especially easy. People with chronic ailments have to deal with various issues. A man recently told his wife, "Without the grace of God. I would have already been gone." The wife found comfort in these words. It has been an uphill walk for them both.

God's grace-His unmerited love- we can't fathom how deep it is. We pray and ask Him for certain outcomes to circumstances in life but our motive is not because we are such good, obedient children of God. We pray for these needs because of His grace.

I attended a funeral service this morning. The gentleman was 94 years old. He was a true prayer warrior. His presence at each church service was a comfort to all who attended. He and his wife shared 71 years of marriage. God gave them four children, twelve grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and several great- great grandchildren. God really extended grace to this gentleman and his wife.

While writing this, I have decided to list things in my life that I have because of God's grace to me. I won't post them right now. I think I will save them for a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...