Saturday, November 8, 2008

“Thank You”

It’s such a small phrase. Yet, it carries a great message. Parents take great pains to teach their children to say it at appropriate times. People who hear these words addressed to them feel honored.

As citizens of our land, we take the time to convey our feelings to veterans for defending our freedom. We do this because of our gratitude.

We want to show one another our appreciation of their work on a project or an activity. We begin by saying, “Thank you.” Sometimes we say it with a card or a note to the one who has done so much.

The American public expects to hear people say “Thank You” when they patronize businesses. We recently heard both men who ran for President of the United States thank people for their support and for their votes. When people hold open a door for someone, we hear the words expressing appreciation for extending the kindness. We are seeing a return to courtesy.

We sing a praise chorus, “Thank you, God, for saving my soul/ Thank you, God, for making me whole. . . .” He loves to hear it. He loves to know we appreciate being His.

God desires to hear us say “Thank you” to Him. He deserves our thanks. Our prayers should contain thoughts of our gratitude for all He does for us. Without His many great works and unmerited love for us, we would be nothing.

When my husband and I were on vacation in Florida this past spring, I discovered on our first day there I had left my identification at a gas station in Alabama the day before. We found a way for me to get an identification card so I could cash my traveler’s checks. On our way back home we stopped at the same gas station. I went in and told her my story. She asked me my name. I told her. She reached to the back of the counter and handed me my driver’s license and my insurance card. I said “Thank you about six times. three to her and three to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...