Monday, December 14, 2009

The Alpha and The OmegaThe First and the Last

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word

was with God, and the Word was God.”

John 1:1 (NIV)



“ ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God,

who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.’ "

Revelation 1:8 (NIV)



“ ‘Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me,

and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.’"

Revelation 22:1213 (NIV)





The Apostle John begins his account of Jesus’ life by stating Jesus Christ was with God. Then John further says, “The Word was God.” I find this statement very humbling.

The thought of God, the creator of the universe shedding His glory, donning rags and coming to earth as a baby humbles us all. And then, to think His message was for the poor people of Judea gives us pause.



The Biblical writers tell us we all will go before God to be judged when we die. These scribes also write of Jesus sitting at God’s right hand. Because of this Jesusbeing God plays a part in our judgment. But He has already paid the price for our sins.

Picture this, if you will: As each believer comes before God, Jesus will plead his or her case.

“But I died for those sins.”

“However, I shed my blood for her.”

“I love him, I went to the cross for him.”

Jesusthere with God in the beginning, there with God in the end.

3 comments:

  1. It is humbling, indeed. What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not only humbling, it's shouting ground! Because of His sacrifice, I'm free!

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is powerful. We are so very blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...