Friday, May 21, 2010

Joy of the Lord

For the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)



When God looks upon us, His children, from above, He has joy when He sees us doing His Will. In fact, He receives joy from what we do for Him.

To continue that cycle, He rewards us with certain characteristics. We become stronger in our faith, receive a greater capacity to love, and have a calmer spirit. In essence, we grow spiritually as we work for Him, enlarging the Kingdom.

As we recognize God’s strengthening of our souls, we should give praise for what He has done for us. At the end of my prayer list is a section called “Praises”. In this section I try to list a praise of God’s working in my life. I strive for one praise a day, some days, I have more.

3 comments:

  1. Praising GOD for all HE has done in and through my life....and praying HE will continue to use me.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! I love that each day I have the opportunity to grow stronger in my purpose.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I want my life to be a living praise and testimony to what He has done.
    Happy weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...