Friday, November 12, 2010

Enter With Thanksgiving

“Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts

with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”

Psalm 100:4 (NIV)

The writer of this psalm tells us in one sentence how we are to approach God. He tells us to enter thankfully to count it a privilege to enter God’s realm. We are to enter praising Him for even the smallest thing.

We all can recall times when we praised God for His goodness to us. A few months ago, a friend’s mother, a Cancer patient, had a difficult time when the doctor’s had to set a new pick line. The lady’s blood count was too low. When I heard the story, I recognized we didn’t have to go through anything like that 14 years ago when my stepmother had her last round of Breast Cancer. I also realized I might not have praised God for the specific deed of keeping her blood count good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...