Monday, March 21, 2011

Being In Awe of God

“Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” John 20:28


I marvel at God’s presence and His activity in my life. When I sense His presence, I find myself more relaxed in my response to the circumstances I face. It is during these times of feeling God in my life that I learn to trust Him.

As I go through life I need to take the time and look for God in my life. I see him in the everyday things. In the fall of the year I see Him in the beauty of the fall foliage on the trees. In the winter, after the right kind of snowfall, I can hear God in the laughter of children as they sled down the hills of the city park. In the spring and summer, I can feel God’s presence in the quiet of the lake.

As I read the writings of Christian writers, I can envision God beside each of them as they put the thoughts He gives them on paper. As I listen to hymns and songs of praise and worship, I learn of God’s presence, His goodness and His mercy.

The longer I walk with him, the more I am in awe of Him.

1 comment:

  1. He truly is amazingly awesome, isn't He? Thank you for the reminder.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...