Friday, August 12, 2011

Peace with God

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith,

we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,”

Romans 5:1 (NIV)



When we invite Jesus to come into our lives, He blots out our sins and cleanses our heart. He looks at each of us ‘just-as-if-I’d’ not sinned. We place our faith in Him and grow closer to Him.

We gain peace with God. After we learn that the state of our hearts is due to our new relationship, we relax and let Him lead us. The Lord begins to have control over our hearts, minds, and tongues.

We receive peace through Jesus. This tranquility keeps us safe through the hardships of our earthly life.

No matter what the world throws at us, if we ask God to help us, we can experience a new found serenity. If we allow this, our new poise becomes our new persona.

When I was a young teenager, I got a new dress-store bought. My mother used to sew most of my clothes. But this dress was different. I wanted to show it off. I remember putting it on and walking across the alley to a neighbor’s house. This couple had grandsons a little younger than I. When she came to their back door I told her I wanted to show her my new dress. We talked a bit and I returned home. When my mother came home from work and asked me what I had done that day, I told her. She shook her head and told me it wasn’t ladylike to draw attention to ourselves in that way.

I later learned it’s not Christ like to bandy about what God has done to make us more like Him. It’s not for us to say, “Look at me, I’m a Christian.” Rather, it is our job to display those qualities He plants in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...