Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What Are You Thankful For?





During the first winter in New World, each adult person had a daily ration of five kernels of corn. God supplied help through the friendly Indians of the area who taught them how to grow their food for their families.

One of the most impressive evening church services I remember was the service the night before Thanksgiving fifteen years ago. Someone handed each of us a small plastic bag with five kernels of corn inside. We entered a darkened sanctuary and took our seats. The pastor had a large candle holder with a tall lit candle. The two together looked at least a foot and a half tall.

Then he told the story of the significance of the five pieces of corn we had been given. Pastor then told us we would each get an opportunity to share, to name five things we were thankful for. The only one allowed to speak was the one who had the candle. He passed the candle to someone in the front pew

At this time each year, I remember that service and the exercise we did. I also remember five things I am thankful for. I’m sure you each have your own list of thing but here’s mine:

1. My Salvation- a gift from God.

2. The talent and gifts God has given me-I appreciate that He has chosen me to do these things.

3. My Husband and My Son-God has given me 43 years with the same man. He gave us a great son.

4. My Friendships both online and in life- I once read that we can never have too many friends. I appreciate each of the ones I have.

5. The gift of Laughter- being able to laugh about something makes life more bearable and a whole lot more fun.

Thank You, Lord for Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...