Sunday, July 21, 2013

God Saves According to His Word





I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to you word.
 Turn my heart from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
Psalm 119:25, 37 (NIV)

Some days we have times when nothing seems to go as it should. Each day gets harder than the day before. We have to do things that seem right but we don’t feel we can. When we are young in the Lord, people tell us it’s due to our humanity. As we grow in our knowledge of God and his ways. We discover that He allows certain events into our lives in order to foster our growth.

The psalmist may have had a protracted time of feeling low. In what ways could we experience a season of sadness?
*An illness—either our own or that of a family member.
*An extended period of unemployment
*Grief over a loved one’s passing 


Sometimes, we get off track and do things that we wouldn't normally do, activities that are out of character for us. God watches as we do these crazy things. In all these instances  these scenarios, we finally come to our senses and seek God and ask Him to save us as His word tells us.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad He is loving, patient, and kind. :) Sometimes my off track days number more than ones that are on. Thanks so much for this gentle reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: Thank you for dropping by. I,too, have my 'off' days.But God brings us through them. He is so good to His children.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...