Friday, November 28, 2014

Eucharisteo: For My Savior



               Continuing on with praises, I want to lift up the name of Jesus. He left heaven’s glory to come to earth in order to teach us about His Father and how we can live for Him.

               Because Jesus died for our sins, we can enjoy freedom from the guilt of sin. A close friend of mine asked me a question about another person’s role in our church. The next morning, I found the answer.
               I called her and said, “You asked me a question last night. I found the answer this this morning.” Her response was, “That’s all right, I don’t need to know. I’m gave that over to God.” I know she could do this because of what Jesus did for her.
               Jesus teaches us each day how we should live. The Shepherd guides us through troublesome times of our lives. The Teacher instructs us when we don’t understand certain situations. The Comforter soothes us when our hearts are broken. The Physician heals us from diseases. The Protector keeps us warm and safe.


               In my lifetime, Jesus has acted in the above roles innumerable times. I thank Him for each of these times. In each of them, Jesus is Supreme!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia! Happy second day after Thanksgiving! Although you are here still thanking God for your many gifts, and who he is to you and to all of us. He is 'all in all' and I pray that I will always remember that he is my teacher and physician.
    Have a wonderful afternoon :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil: Thank you for taking the time away from your holiday to stop in here. Yes, God is our "all in all". Our son lives 600 miles west of us- that's two and a half states away. He is considering relocatiing back this direction, come spring. I praise the Lord for this opportunity for him.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how the Holy spirit works. Last time I was reflecting on Our Lord being Our Shepherd and this morning in church the visiting pastor preached on Jesus being our Shepherd, and here you are saying the same thing. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela: Thank you for your warm thoughts. Our Thanksgiving was quiet but nice. We had a very good dinner. Just the two of us. Next year I hope our son will be close enough geographically to come home, even if it's just for the day. Plese pray with me about this. He's considering moving closer back this way.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...