Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Integrity



“I know that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity.” 1 Chronicles 29:17 (NIV)

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms:honestyprobityrectitudehonor, good character, principle(s), ethics,morals, righteousnessmoralityvirtuedecency, fairness,scrupulousness, sinceritytruthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"
  2. 2.
    the state of being whole and undivided.
    "upholding territorial integrity and national sovereignty"
    synonyms:unityunificationcoherencecohesiontogethernesssolidarity
    "the integrity of the federation" (1)



www.bing.com

            David prayed these words toward the end of a prayer of praise, shortly before his death. God had told him that he would not be the one to build His temple. God’s reason for not allowing David to do this was that David was a warrior and had shed blood. (1 Chron. 28:3)

            The shepherd king writes of God testing the heart. God still tests the hearts of those who live for Him. Due to one of my health issues, I cannot put certain foods into my system. Hubby teases me daily about getting me a treat from the doughnut shop. He knows what can happen if I partake of those treats. That is why I believe he teases me. However, if he were not teasing, I still would have to say, “No!” Because, I know God tests my heart, I know I have to keep myself as healthy as I can.

            God is pleased when we respond to a situation and show integrity. In the Bible “the term has various shades of meaning: simplicity or sincerity; entirety as represented by Job under grievous trial.”(2.)

            In our 21st Century, we as a society need to have integrity in all our works and in our pastimes. We need to apply the Golden Rule to all our actions—business, recreational, and interpersonal. I have stated this before; I believe keeping the teachings of the Bible to the forefront of our lives could change our world.

1.www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=integrity%20definition


2. The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary, Moody Press, Chicago, revised 1988, Page 623

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...