Monday, July 31, 2017

Be Still and Know

Image result for be still and know that i am god images
http://mygraceuntold.com




“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
Psalm 46:10 ESV

“Be still:” I love to begin my day fairly early. I enjoy hearing the quiet of our house. In the spring and the fall I enjoy hearing the birdsong in those hours before the street begins to have traffic.  Since we have arranged a sitting area on our enclosed porch, I go out there during the afternoon when the weather permits. When we were able to use our yard swing, I could sit out there in the evenings and talk to God.

“know that I am God” I appreciate the quiet because I get to converse with God. I talk to Him through prayer and He talks to me through His Word.

“I will be exalted:” God chooses to be lifted up when we take the time to listen. Conversation by definition is an exchange of words between at least two people. 

“among the nations, in the earth:” God sent His Son to earth for you and me and all the people on this earth. Sometimes we forget that there are others, beside us, whom God loves and on whom He bestows His blessings.

“The Lord of Hosts is with me;” The sons of Korath each said this. Each of God’s children can say this even today. I find this statement to be one of strength and of faith.

“the God of Jacob is our fortress.” Here again a statement of faith. God is beside us when we go through the valleys. I like the quote from Billy Graham, “Mountaintops are for views and inspiration but fruit is grown in the valley.”


What are some of those valleys we go through in life?
            *Financial hardships,
            *Loss of friendship,
            *Serious illness (self or a loved one)
            *Loss of a loved one through death,
            *Family issues
            *Interpersonal issues


We have to remember that God is with us especially during these times.-

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the God Who is God of the mountaintop is also the Lord and God of the valley...He never forsakes us or forgets us...no matter where we may be. Thank you for this thoughtful post today. Very encouraging...like your book, which I am still reading through and appreciating. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your kind thoughts. "God of the Mountain," is one of my favorite hymns. I am thankful that you are enjoying my book. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...