Friday, September 29, 2017

A Look into Life for an Author

Image result for binoculars
http://wildbirdclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Looking-through-binocular-010.jpg





So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12English Standard Version (ESV)

As September comes to a close, I reflect on its events and look ahead to the coming months. The month started out with my trying to put together a tri-fold display board about my book.  It did not go well. I wound up cutting out things for it and placing them in a box “to work on later.”
I had to cancel two book signings due to a problem of getting good copies from my printer. It took a while, but I now have copies I have chosen to live with.
I ordered a quantity of copies for the two book signings at area libraries that I was able to reschedule for October. (The people I talked to at both places were gracious. Even the small town newspaper will run an article about the book again.) Now, every time I see someone from church, that person tells me they want a copy of my book. I was at the grocery store this week and ran into a lady from church. After we exchanged greetings, the next thing she said was, “I want one of your books.”
When I went to my doctor a couple of weeks ago, I took a proof copy just to show her. She looked at it and said, “I want one.” She also said something about getting some to order some for Christmas gifts. I went back this week for a flu shot and took her one.
I am thinking, I may need to order more books before my book signings in October. I also find I need to carry some with me when I go to church.
October is going to be rather busy for me. We start drama practice the first Saturday of the month and will practice each week. I am directing this drama entitled “Thankfulness.” One of those Saturdays, I will not be able to be in practice, due to a book signing. I have my assistant director who will fill in for me that day.

The first Friday in November, I will be signing books at a locally owned gift shop in our town. The first two Saturdays that month, we will have dress rehearsals for our drama. On the second Sunday—the 12th- we will present the drama at both services. (I had two of the six parts become open this week, one of those parts got filled by a young man who came to our meeting just because he was interested. He has been a part of the group in the past.)
The weekend before Thanksgiving weekend, there is an Artisan Fair at our local library that I will be participating in. Someone asked to be my Facebook friend late this week who says she will be there, also signing books.

Our Thanksgiving meal will probably be on Saturday of the next weekend. Our son will more than likely have to work on Friday. Since he has been back in Indiana, we have had our meal on Saturday. It works out better for us and for him.


As I look back over this, I realize I can’t do these activities without God. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen! (to your last statement.."I realize I can't do these activities without God.") I am in the same kind of boat. With our son's wedding coming up on Nov. 11, and a bridal shower here on oct. 7th, and all the other things of life...Yes, with God all things ARE possible. YOu can do this...God is with you! He is at work in your midst. Praise God!!! I will continue to pray for you as you go to your book signings, etc. May the Lord direct your steps and give you peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts indeed, and best wishes in the new month. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...