Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Are Our Words Pleasing to God?

https://www.allposters.com


Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you,
 Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14 (CEB)

When we attend church on the Sabbath, we should strive to retain what we learn in our places of worship as we go through our week. Yes, sometimes it takes effort on our part to put this in practice. However, we must strive to live for Him in our homes, our neighborhoods, in the marketplace, and among our friends. As the time for Jesus’ return to earth draws nearer, I believe we should make living for Him a priority in our lives.
Several years ago, I heard the adage that we might be the only Bible people read. This always makes me pause and think about how I measure up to what God expects from me.
As a young mother, I heard the children’s song, O’ Be Careful Little Feet Where You Go!


O be careful little eyes what you see
O be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above
is looking down in love
So, be careful little eyes what you see
O be careful little ears what you hear
O be careful little ears what you hear
For the Father up above
is looking down in love
So, be careful little ears what you hear
O be careful little tongue what you say
O be careful little tongue what you say
For the Father up above
is looking down in love
So, be careful little tongue what you say. (1)

There are some who would say this is a children’s song My response to them is: Aren’t we all children of God?
Do you have any thoughts on this?

1.) Metro Lyrics(http://www.metrolyrics.com) accessed 9/18/2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...