Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Praise His Name

http://www.wallpraise.com/id250.html




Enter his courts with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

The psalmist directs us to be thankful when we enter God’s presence. What does he mean by this?

We are to come before the LORD with gratitude for what he has done for us. We come before Him when we enter His house. Also, we enter his presence when we pray. 

At our church, we have a time of praise and thanksgiving. We are glad (I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”  Psalm 122:1) to be able to assemble together and worship the One True God.

When I awaken each morning, I find myself thanking God for the gift of another day. Between doing this and repeating Psalm 118:24, “This is the day the LORD has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it.” God sets my day for me.

When we eat our supper, I thank God for our food and the privilege of being able to have it in our home.

During this month of Thanksgiving, our Pastor has asked us to journal our praises and write prayers for those praises. I started out recording a praise for each day at the back of my prayer list. I decided to journal those. I had gotten out of the habit of daily journaling. I found that I look forward to that time of day when I can reflect on what God has done for me and the opportunity to give thanks to Him.   
A friend of mine writes out her prayers. She has learned that what she writes comes from her heart.

How are some ways you praise the LORD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...