Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Looking Ahead into a New Year


 
Pixabay.com
Happy New Year to you.

My plans and goals for 2019 are simple. I will continue to have a topic each month for my blog posts. However, I will be posting on Tuesdays and Fridays. I plan on being more faithful with posting on my website, cecelialester.com/  I also will have scheduled blog breaks throughout the year. I have found that doing this refreshes me.

Weather permitting, I will continue to take God’s Word to the local nursing home where I received rehab treatments in 2015. I am tentatively scheduled for two times a month.

I await a decision about my taking God’s Word to the Alzheimer’s building at a healthcare campus near our church. Please pray for me about these outreach efforts.

My word for 2019 is FAITH. After a time of introspection, I have realized that my faith, while becoming deeper, needs to be growing as I continue to live for Christ in this world.

I will follow God’s leading, as He leads through the Holy Spirit, in all I write.


Peace and blessings to each of you as we begin 2019.

4 comments:

  1. I pray that you will be able to continue your ministry to the nursing home/rehab center. That is so valuable. I know from our experience with my mother in law at one that the residents really look forward to anything to break the monotony of the place, and to hear from God's Word is always a blessing to them. They love music as well, and to sing the old familiar hymns. May God continue to build your faith as you lean on Him and walk with Him in all ways. He shall direct your steps. Sometimes it is good to have a definite plan and goals, and then sometimes I find that God redirects MY plans and puts His plans into effect instead. I am learning to trust Him in those redirections. He always knows best. May 2019 be a year of blessing and peace and joy to you in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your encouraging thoughts. God redirects my plans as well. My visitation partner saw people from our church who are shut ins. One of our stops is at the nursing home/rehab center where I take God's Word. I happened to see the Activities Director and asked if she got my message. I confirmed my times with her. One of my days I will be going an hour earlier, a scheduling change. God is still in control. Peace and Blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Quietspirit!!
    May He make all your plans and goals in 2019 prosper!
    Lifting up your prayers and believing with you for all your outreach efforts. Great word for the year, and I hope you will grow deeper in your FAITH in the Lord as He leads through the Holy Spirit!! Praying that for us all!!

    May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4

    Blessings and Peace to you in 2019~! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: Thank you for your prayers and for your good thoughts. As usual, almost everything I read has some thoughts on faith. I ran across the same thing with last year's word-obedience.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...