Friday, April 12, 2019

Book Review:The Grace Table: Your Faith Legacy,by Julia Melatis




I won this book at the author’s launch party on Facebook. I can’t say enough about it.

Julia Melatis shares from her heart about the Lord Jesus and how we can model him before those we meet in our daily lives.

At the end of each chapter, Julia has two important sections, ponder and prayer and journaling prompts. She recommends each reader use a journal or a notebook “to answer the questions I pose during the reading and the Ponder and Pray and the Journaling Prompts.” 1. She shares scripture throughout her work. In the back of this book, she includes a mini-concordance with scriptures on fear, courage, worry, hope, and confidence. Throughout the main part of the book, when she quotes various passages, she relies upon several different translations to help us better understand the message.

Julia writes of women having times of fellowship with one another as a part of a way of ministry and fellowship. She also guides those readers who are in unevenly yoked marriages how to examine their own hearts and attitudes in the process of witnessing to their husbands.

I see how Julia’s book could be utilized in a small group setting. She includes a section on tips for hosting a retreat for small groups or even larger ones. Ideas for gift bags, crafts and some pointers to keep the participants focused on the reason for being on retreat.

I would recommend Julia’s book for Women’s Ministry Leaders, for small study groups, and for those who want to create new and deeper friendships.

For more information about The Grace Table: Your Faith Legacy, go to Grace-Table-Your-Faith-Legacy


Footnotes:

1.Page vii

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...