Monday, June 17, 2019

What Do We Learn About God?

wallpapertag.com


As believers in Christ, what do we learn about God?

We learn that He is our Creator.
that all things are under His control.
          “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who    are called according to his purpose.”  Romans 8:28 (ESV)
  that He is not the author of confusion but of peace.
          “For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33 (ESV)
  that He loves us enough to want to make us more like Him.
               “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,” John 3:16 (ESV)
   that He can bring us through any time of distress and disruption we may have.
                 “fear not, for I am with you;
                be not dismayed, for I am your God;
                 I will strengthen you; I will help you,
                 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)

How can we learn what we need to learn in order to live for Him?

We can study His Word daily
pray to Him for strength and guidance
              “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 (ESV)
  seek His will for our individual lives.
 “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33 (ESV)
  Meet with other like-minded believers.
 “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:24-25 (ESV)

How can we learn to follow Jesus’ teachings?

We can exercise our faith in Him.
  try to memorize scripture.
           “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11 (KJV)
  study His Word.
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 (ESV)
  consult The Word when we are in doubt.
                      “For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;” Psalm 31:3 (ESV)
                be honest with Him about our shortcomings. (He knows then already.)
                “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 136:16 (ESV)

4 comments:

  1. The Lord has brought me through some difficult situations in the last year. But I know I'm right where He wants me and that gives me the confidence to keep moving forward. His word to me lately has been, "Stay the course." Knowing His presence goes with me makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, How nice of you to stop in here. Thank you for your comment. God always brings us throw those difficult situations and teaches us worthwhile lessons as He works with us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it is good to go back over these basic truths about our faith in Christ. We tend to get bogged down in so many things, traditions, rituals, etc., that we forget the whole reason for our relationship in Christ in the first place. Thank you for sharing these timeless truths with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, are you familiar with the gospel song, "The Basics of Life" it's recorded by a group called "4 HIM". Our son's town is still getting lots of rain. We had a sunshiny day yesterday. This weather is about to get me down physically. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...