Friday, July 19, 2019

Freedom: Walking in Freedom

See the source image
honeyrockhills.com


I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out our precepts.
I will speak of your statutes before kings
and will not be put to shame,
for I delight in your commands
because I love them.
Psalm 119:45-47 (NIV)

The Psalmist bares his soul to God in this passage. He tells the LORD that he will walk freely (ESV says “in a wide space). What does he mean?

In context, the writer tells God, “I will keep your law continually forever and ever.”He pledges to ALWAYS honor the LORD and his laws.

Why would the writer vow to do this? He has sought God’s laws in order to live in his world. When we choose to follow God’s Word, we seek His governance over our lives.

The Psalmist commits to speaking of the Lord before the rulers of the nation and not be ashamed for doing it. He vows to do this because he finds happiness in God’s decrees which he loves.

The writer states he will honor the LORD’S commandments and will think deeply on the Lord’s laws.

In our world today, we need to learn to seek out God, study His Word, apply what we learn, and speak to others in all walks of life, especially those who are leaders in our governments.

Sometimes, I believe that there is more that I should be doing to further God’s kingdom. Do you feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....