Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Jesus Prays for Our Forgiveness, etc.

quiet spirit writing ministry


And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34 (ESV)

Jesus was on the Cross, life draining from His body. He looked up to heaven and asked His Father to forgive the people who carried out this plan. What those people didn’t know was they were carrying out God’s plan.


When Jesus talks to His Father here, He fervently asks God to not hold this action against the people involved with the horrendous act. Our prayers should take on such a fervency.

Each time we pray to God, we are in conversation with The Maker of the universe. Conversation is defined as an exchange of ideas. We tell Him our needs or what we want, and He shows us who we are in his sight. He also shows us what we may need to do or refrain from doing in order to get through our time of need.

Some hymns of prayer:






2 comments:

  1. Love every one of those hymns, and they are very deep and moving to me. I love the old hymns best and wish more churches would use them. I am so glad that our church has a good blend of old and new. It is a very meaningful way to worship for me. To me, my songs are a prayer to the Lord...I express my deepest feelings better in song than in words alone. God understands this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I love the old hymns as well.There is a lot of theology in the lyrics. I also like the newer ones if the words tell a story or a special message. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...